|YASUTO MUSHIAKE, English Version|
Full Name: Yasuto Mushiake
Date of Birth: March 28, 1921.
Permanent Address: Konko-cho, Asakuchi-shi, Okayama-ken, Japan.
Present Address: Aobaku, Sendai, Japan.
April 1939 Electrical Engineering Department, Hiroshima
April 1942 Department of Electrical
1944 Graduate School of Tohoku Imperial University,
March 1954 Dr. of Engineering Degree from Tohoku University,
1949$B!](B1960 Assistant Professor, Tohoku University
1960$B!](B1984 Professor, Tohoku University (Department of
1984$B!](BDate Professor Emeritus, Tohoku University.
1984$B!](B1989 President, Tohoku Institute of Technology.
1988$B!](B2001 Advisor, Matsushita Communication Sendai
1989$B!](BDate Professor Emeritus, Tohoku Institute of Technology.
1989$B!](BDate Advisor, Tohoku Institute of Technology.
Other Professional Experiences:
(1) Member of Radio Technical Council, and Member
(2) Visiting Research Officer, Radio Research
(3) Technical Member of Space Development Committee,
(4) Technical Member of Science Council, Ministry of Education.
(5) Member of Administrative Committee, Institute
of Space and
(6) Advisor to Research and Development
Activities in Academic Societies.
$B!!(B(1) IEICE (Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication
Vice President. Councilor.
(3) IEE of Japan:
Councilor. Life Member.
(4) I TE (Institute of Image, Information and Television Engineers):
Councilor. Honorary Member.
Member of JSICR (Japan Society of Information and Communication
Authored and Coauthored Books: (Eleven books in total)
*(1) Yagi-Uda Antenna (Coauthor: S. Uda), 193 pages, Maruzen
(2) VHF Antennas (Coauthor: H. Uchida), 282 pages, Koronasha,
(3) Antennas and Propagation, 38th Edition, 206 pages,
(4) Introduction to Electrical Engineering (Coauthor:
(5) Electrical Communications, $B-6(B,
(Radio Communications Part),
(6) Fundamentals of Radio Wave Engineering (Coauthor: S. Adachi),
(7) Fundamentals of Communication Engineering (Coauthor: R. Sato,
(9) Explanatory Stories of Electromagnetic Wave and Antennas,
Two other technical books. (* in English)
Edited and Coauthored Handbooks:
(1) Antenna Engineering Handbook (IEICE, in Japanese), 787 pages,
(2) Antenna Division of three other handbooks. 1964, 1967, and 1979.
awarded by Minister of Education at Graduation
1953 "Ohm Technical Prize" of Association for Promotion of
1957 Literature Prize, IEE Japan.
1964 Niwa-Takayanagi Award, (Distinguished Merits),
1971 Hattori Hohkoh Award, Hattori Hohkoh Foundation.
1980 Literature Prize, IECE Japan (presently IEICE).
1982 Commendation for Distinguished Service,
1982 Medal of Honor, IECE Japan (presently IEICE).
1985 Medal of Honor with Purple Ribbon, Emperor of Japan.
Second Order of Merit with the Sacred Treasure,
Radio Wave Commemoration Day's Commendation,
2006 Distinguished Service Award for IEEE Chapter Activities,
Life Fellow, IEEE. $B!H(BFor contributions to liniar antennas and self-complementary antennas$B!I(B.
Honorary Member, IEICE.
Member, Institute of Image Information and Television
Life Member, IEE Japan.
Member, Engineering Academy of Japan.
Fellow, The Electromagnetics Academy.
|Supplement||Top of this page|